Slider

Hawaii Part Two

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

As I told you in the first post my family had the privilege of vacationing on the beautiful island of Maui. It was our first time visiting the paradise that is the Hawaiian Islands but it certainly wont be the last. There is so much to see, we barely scratched the surface. I already shared a few pics from the beach and our lovely view from our condo, now I'd like to share some photos from our cruise around the island and the fantastic Luau. We took a cruise around the Island on the beautiful Catamaran  "Hula Girl".








 Here are a few shots of the beautiful coastline and waters taken from Hula Girl.












The cruise lasted until sunset. I captured a few  shots of one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.





 Being the good tourist that we are we couldn't leave the Island without attending a Luau. We went to the Old Lahaina Luau, reported to be one of the most authentic Luaus in Hawaii. They served traditional Hawaiian food buffet style. It was so delicious that I didn't photograph any of it... too busy chowing down hehe. Here's a few pics of the extraordinary performance. The Luau tells the story of the indigenous Hawaiian people along with some of the folklore and traditions. It was beautiful and exciting to watch and learn.

This  is where you are greeted and lei'd

The wonderful musicians and singer

The Luau is held next to the beach

Most of the servers had these beautiful tribal tattoos

The amazing performers


The chanter tells the story of the Hawaiian people




 

 I hope you enjoyed sharing our vacation, I'll leave you with a few more random shots!








 Thanks for stopping by. If you want to see part one click here. Joining  these great linkups this week,


                                                        Savvy Southern Style

                                                       Ivy and Elephants

                                                       My Romantic Home

                                                       



























5 comments:

  1. We were in the airport flying home the same day as you, but we stayed on Kauai. We had a layover in Maui. You should check it out for your next Hawaiian vacation. The island is the same size as Oahu, but there are only 60,000 people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your pictures, Karen. Such a beautiful place to visit. My aunt used to live in Hawaii. I'm so sad I never go to visit her while she was there. I would have saved a lot on a hotel! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! maui is such a special place, and i would love to go back. we enjoyed the old lahaina luau as well. hope you enjoyed it!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing pictures! SO beautiful! I can't wait to go to Hawaii someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how very beautiful! Thanks for taking us along with you virtually. Maui is on our bucket list for sure. I just dream about it all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan