Slider

A Mora Clock and A New Table

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I mentioned in my  window treatment post that I was building a new side table. Well it's actually just two pieces screwed together, no real building involved ha!


 I inherited my mom's French Provincial dining room set. I love it but it had a double pedestal base that felt to bulky for my small dining area, so I removed the pedestals and replaced them with curvy Queen Anne legs that I bought from ebay. Looking at those pedestals gave me an idea, why not make a new side table from the pedestal. Here's what I started with





 The pedestal like I said came from mom's table and I ordered the pine top from The Home Depot.  My husband screwed the top to the base using wood screws ... then it looked like this,


 The base was pretty banged up from being stored in the pit of hell aka my shed. But that worked for me because I like a little distressing . I painted the top and bottom using a sample paint from The Home Depot, it's just a basic white.



 I used multiple layers of a 50/50 wash of paint and water on the  top and pedestal and rubbed it back after each layer until I got the effect that I wanted.


Then I scuffed it up with a sanding block and putty knife..



I waxed the table with minwax clear wax and sat it in place. It totally breaks the rules for side table height but I like it anyway. The table cost me 23.00 bucks total since I had everything but the top. I think it looks a lot like this one from Pottery Barn. I like the price of mine much better though.



I still haven't installed my new flooring in the living room. I have to add another layer of subflooring to even out the floors between the kitchen, dining room and living room.



Since I only got about five blooms this summer from my hydrangeas I bought some pretty flowers to add to the table.



I also ordered this  Mora wall clock from ebay. The price was reasonable and even with shipping it was less than 200.00 bucks





 I think it's really pretty although I'm already thinking about giving it a new paint job.Look who decided  to photobomb.





I guess he's exhausted from  photobombing my shoot and messing up the pillows, wrinkling the slipcovers and lets not forget getting the  curtains out of whack hehe.


Thats it for now. Next up I'm giving my Settee a freshen up.  thanks for stopping by, I'll be joining these linkups this week,

                                 Savvy Southern Style

                                Ivy and Elephants

                               French Country Cottage

                             Craftberry Bush

                             My Romantic Home

                            Rooted In Thyme


                           Miss Mustard Seed

                        Thrifty Decor Chick

















26 comments:

  1. I like your table better than the Pottery Barn table. Love your little photo bomber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your little table! What a super idea to use the pedestal base from the old dining table. Your new clock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table looks fabulous and I love your new Mora clock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks so pretty, Karen! Love the table! Love your new clock, too. Sounds like a great find at a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty! Great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Your table is great, you did an amazing job. LOVE the clock!!! Have been wanting one of these for a while, great find!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a woman after my own heart ~ a PB DIY for $23.00! The table is gorgeous, pshaw on the height. You can use it for ANYTHING you want lol. I absolutely love your living room.
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table and I have hydrangea envy. My hydrangeas barely bloomed this year and when I buy them at the flower stand, they die almost immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the table and the whole room. Also the doggie. Blessings
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rules? What rules? It looks fantastic! Love that you shared your DIY steps in achieving this look. I still haven't finished the top of our farm table. I like the look of this 50/50 wash! :)
    Have a happy one, Karen!
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love,love,love the table you made....it turned out fabulous!!! Your living room is soooooo GORGEOUS and your little photo bomber is such a cutie pie too :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wall clock is dreamy! And your table is a great compliment.
    Everything is so pretty.
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful room, Karen! I really love all of your decor. The clock is so unique. I've never seen one like it before. You really have my wheels turning with how you created the table. I've come across old table bases in the past, now I know what to do with them. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the table that you made and your pretty clock. The photobomber is too cute. ;) -Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this whole room! Great table and cute photobomber.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao Karen bellissime foto, brava come sempre , un abbraccio dall'Italia
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous room - I love the table - I don't think tables should have any rules about height or anything - not when they look that perfect!
    And your photobomber matches your room perfectly LOL - too cute !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am pretty sure that is one of the prettiest rooms ever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am pretty sure that is one of the prettiest rooms ever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen! Congrats on being featured over at Savvy Southern Style! I love the whole room including your new clock and transformed table. I have a question about those suitcases against the wall...were they whitewashed too? I am thinking about painting a dark cherry bookcase white. It has suitcase-looking boxes from Hobby Lobby for storage on them...do you think they could be painted too?

    ReplyDelete
  21. In awe of your living room! The table came out wonderful and the clock is the perfect statement piece in this space. Love it all! Pinning!!!!

    Deb
    @Seeking Lavender Lane

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH WOW - everything looks amazing - love your style!! And love your sweet fur-baby photobomber! LOL hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness...everything looks so fresh and bright. I even love the "photo bomb" Thanks for sharing! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen, Your room looks so pretty! I love how you used your mom's pedestal to make a stunning table. Beautiful job! The mora clock is just the perfect conversation piece. Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week. Thanks so much for sharing your creative ideas.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Karen! What a beautiful room. Love the whites, and the table turned out marvelous! The mora clock is lovely as is -- makes a beautiful contrast in the whites. Well done! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow! The table looks fantastic! I want it!!!! Thanks for sharing the link, Karen. xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan