Slider

Painted Wood Burner and Tile

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ever since I moved into my home 17 years ago I've had a love hate relationship with my wood burner. I like using it for heating, it saves tons on the gas bill, but it was so dark and the tile wall behind it was dark and dreary. My living room is dark because of the big oak tree in the front of my house. The dark wood burner and tile made it even more dreary. I hated it. So I painted it. Finally!



 I thought that I had before pictures saved in my web album, however the pictures were on my other computer saved on the dead hard drive.  I'm sorry to say I have no befores. Imagine dark brown tile from floor to ceiling and the black wood burner in front of that. Here is a picture of the tile color before.





 This tile ran from the floor all the way up the wall and the wood burner was a worn and dingy black. It made for a very dark and dungeony corner of the room.


I used six cans of  Rust- Oleum  High Heat paint in white on the wood burner. In this picture you can see at the bottom the color of the tile floor and wall before I painted it.


The tile was primed with two coats of zinsser water based  primer and sealer and allowed to dry overnight, then I painted the tiles with Misty Gray by Benjamin Moore. It's the same color that I'm painting the living room and dining room walls. Before, having that dark tile in the corner of the room made the whole room look dreary and unbalanced. It looks much brighter now.


 It was an easy and inexpensive freshen up for a space that I hated, The spray paint for the wood burner was 24.00 for six cans and I always have primer on hand. Now I just need to finish painting the rest of the room, add new window treatments and drapery hardware put down the new flooring and oh yeah I could use new slip covers too. Maybe after Christmas I'll be ready for the big reveal on this room. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be linking up with these great parties this week,

                                                                   French Country Cottage

                                                                  Craftberry Bush

                                                                 Stone Gable

                                                                My Romantic Home

                                                              Funky Junk Interiors

                                                           Crafty Allie


16 comments:

  1. I cant even tell you how much I love it all. I love the white. CRISP clean and just LOVE the feel of the room . GREAT JOB SISTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great! You did a great job and I know that you must just love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's a huge improvement! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can really see the nice details of the burner now it is light. Great work! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great, I bet it adds more life to the room!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks magical!

    hope you'll have a moment to stop by and see what i have been creating: http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-art-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele
    hello lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful! I want a white woodstove, and they cost waaay more than the black ones. I didn't know it was safe to paint them. Wow, what a difference for you home having that corner so pretty and white!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you have to use a special heat resistant paint? it looks fabulous. I bet it really brightens the whole room. Stopping by from French Country Cottage. New follower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have never thought to paint it white!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'd love it if you shared it on our liknk party http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/2013/11/its-that-time-again-friday-follow-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! It looks so great! I am a new follower of your blog!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. https://VictoryHeating.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan