Slider

My Thanksgiving Table

Saturday, November 16, 2013

This year I decided to set our table using my white and gold dishes along with natural fall colors.


I've had the dishes for years, they were a gift from my mom. She also gave me the gold flatware.





I bought the planter from Michaels about 15 years ago. I haven't used it for years but I thought it would go nicely with the dishes and the natural fall colors.


I wrapped brown satin ribbon around  pillar candles and dollar store holy candles and tied  twine around that and added a leaf to the fronts.


I cut some pretty fall leaves from the trees in my yard. I didn't want to use the fallen ones just in case my or the neighbors dogs had used them for business if you know what I mean LOL.


I used pine cones for place holders  and just cut card stock into strips glittered the edges and numbered them one to four.



I used textured wall paper to make the table runners.


I bought the gold rimmed water goblets from Penney's years ago, along with matching wine glasses. The wine glasses somehow decreased from 8 to 2. When did that happen? 


All of my fruit is good ole fakes and so is the flower arrangement.



I hope everyone has a joyful Thanksgiving. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be joining these linkups this week,

                                                                    Twigg Studios

                                                                    Stone Gable

                                                                   Savvy Southern Style

                                                                  Craftberry Bush

                                                                  My Romantic Home

                                                                  French Country Cottage

                                                                 

                                               

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I LOVE your china! I am seeing more and more gold and I like the change from silver. The centerpiece is beautiful...I never would have guessed faux! I am totally stealing the Dollar Tree candle idea...I am weird, I hate to light my candles because they are so expensive! These I won't mind.

    Cutting the leaves off the trees! I love it!! I need a giraffe!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Karen! Exactly the color scheme I would go with, too, if I were hosting Thanksgiving. I am drawn more to the neutrals as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant yet festive table...thanks for sharing with us Karen!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I want to do. I have the same type of things. Thanks for the ideas, Karen, and for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo pretty! I love white, I love gold. Together, they're perfect. What a lovely table you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous table, love the centerpiece and the brown ribbon around the candles!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Karen. Your table looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so beautiful, Karen! You inspired me to do something special to my own table. I really love the gold detail on your chairs too. Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks amazing and so beautiful and inviting. I know that your family will be proud to share a meal at that beautiful table. Prayers for a beautiful thanksgiving with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have delightfully beautiful tastes in decorating and the magic touch to pull it all together. Thank you for brightening my day {{{hugz}}}

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan