Slider

Fall 2015

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello my friends, I've had a long break, but  I'm back! It was not my intention to be away for the whole summer but health issues have slowed me down. Enough about that for now. Lets get on with my mini fall tour.



I love whites and neutrals but this year I wanted to add a little color. Although my palette is still pretty neutral its not all white. I added gray, taupe and pops of copper and turquoise vases. The pretty pillow in my wing chair is a design by the amazing talent Lucy of Craftberrybush.


In addition to my pops of color I also added three cozy throws.Two soft plaids and my fur throw that I purchased last Christmas from Pier One.



I added pumpkins antlers greenery and feathers to a white platter for my coffee table.


Coverless books and a turquoise vase with burlap leaves and berries were also added.

A copper bowl filled with yarn is a nod to sweatah wetha!


The wood burner is wearing three pretty velvet pumpkins the smaller ones are from etsy and the larger one is from Marshals.



The side table is wearing a planter that I painted and added an image transfer too a while ago. To the planter I added dried hydrangeas from my garden, a pretty gray velvet pumpkin, feathers and a cute mini pillow purchased from Targets 3 dollar spot. The turquoise vases were bought from Marshals and are a carry over from my summer decor. I just added some fall berries and white Chinese lantern stems.



I put a grain sack look runner on the dining room table and added two pillar candlesticks that started out life as white gazing ball stands. I bought them on clearance for about 2.50 each a few years ago and recently painted them in a charcoal gray craft store chalk paint with a white wash over that.



Pumpkins dried and silk hydrangeas feathers and soft lambs ear were all added to a tray for a quick centerpiece. When I worked as a floral designer my favorite arrangements were the ones that combined fruit,  vegetables and flowers, still one of my favorite combos.








Bijoux decided to join the tour he reminded me to tell you that the plaid throws were purchased from Marshalls and the floral pillows  were purchased from H&M. Thanks for taking my mini tour with me. I'll be joining these great parties this week.


                                                 Savvy Southern Style

                                                Craftberrybush

                                                 Ivy and Elephants

                                                 French Country Cottage

                                               The Curators Collection


                                           

14 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty, Karen, and coordinates well with your rooms. Love that pillow from Lucy - it suits the room perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of color you added...your rooms look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun!! I feel like I got to tour your lovely decorated spaces like a live home tour. Thank you for opening your home. I liked the use of your bottles all around yet tied them in to your fall scheme. Tastefully done I've always loved the velvet piumpkins too. Nicely displayed in a row and then tucked around. Once again thank you! Lovely tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the input of copper! Gorgeous. I do hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely room -- love your soft colors and fall touches. So cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have you back! Glad you are feeling some better and I'm hoping for 100%!!!
    You living room is just gorgeous, I love the soft muted color, so very elegant!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall tour. Love your gold and rustic touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely soothing space! I love your velvet pumpkins and your coffee table really caught my eye! Well done! I would be so happy if you would share this over at my Making Broken Beautiful party today! I don't know your health problems but I sure hope you are feeling back to your old self soon ... you have a great eye for design!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your home is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. l loved coming on your Fall home tour Karen.....your splashes of beachy blues and greys look so fresh and inviting. I'm not at all surprised you worked as a floral designer, your centrepiece is truly sensational!! l also love what you've done with the candlesticks and they work so well with the rest of your décor. Bijoux looks as though he might never move from that cosy plaid blanket:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karen l forgot to wish you a speedy return to health, best wishes:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan