Slider

BHG Holiday Crafts Feature

Monday, August 24, 2015

Hello friends, remember me? I'm popping in after my summer blogging hiatus to share a little news. I was contacted several months ago about having one of my projects featured in the 2015 issue of Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts Magazine. At first I thought I was being punked, but after corresponding with the editors I realized it was true. A magazine wanted to publish one of my crafts! say what!! I'm beyond flattered and still a little shocked.


The project they wanted to feature was a Christmas candle trio that I did  about three years ago. If you would like to see the original post click here. This is the original project






 I was a little worried because I didn't have the materials to make an exact duplicate, but the editors assured me that it would be okay to make them as close as possible to the originals. Here is the magazine version.


I like the way they styled the candles on the cake stand with the snow and gold acorns.


I still cant believe my quick and simple little project made it into a national publication!  It was an exciting day for me when I spotted the magazine on the newsstands. I wanted to show the pictures to everyone in the store but I resisted the urge.


If you pick up a copy my project is on page 71. There are a lot of really cute ideas in the  magazine. I'm thinking of trying my hand at a couple of them. Thanks for stopping by, Ill be sharing my news with the following linkups,

                                     Savvy Southern Style

                                    Craftberry Bush

                                   Ivy and Elephants

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Karen, it is really one sweet and romantic projet! Felicitation again. Hugs. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so exciting and I'm happy for you! I love the BHG Craft Magazines - what an honor! I'm going to pick up a copy real soon! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Karen! You must be so excited! : ) I probably would think someone was playing a joke on me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!! Congratulations! I actually made these when you posted them. I keep them in a cupboard and have brought them out each year. I used them as my advent candles and then got a fancy one for the Christ Candle. I still find it to be one of my most elegant projects. I like it with the gold touches too and on a plate stand Once again, I'm excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! Glad you weren't being punked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Karen!!! I'm so excited for you. 3 years later, proves you just never know who's out there reading!!! I'm going to grab a copy and share with everyone in the store for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!! I remember when you shared those originally, and I actually like how you styled them even better. Congratulations! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations - such a pretty craft! I will pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Your Christmas candles are gorgeous and are getting me in the Christmas crafting mood! Thank you so much for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard from you for a long time. Have you changed your address? Thank goodness you are back! You have captured a place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard from you for a long time. Have you changed your address? Thank goodness you are back! You have captured a place in my heart!

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan