Slider

Valentines Day Table

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

This Valentines Day I wanted to set a pretty and romantic table, loaded with my favorite flowers.


I bought an  armload of flowers inexpensively from my local produce outlet and got to work.



I used my thrift store Homer Laughlin china, silver, candlesticks and vases. The chargers are a recent purchase from The Christmas Tree Shoppe and the glasses and flatware I've had for many years.


I rolled the napkins and tied them with jute twine and made name tags from images from the The Graphics Fairy.


I don't usually mix metals but I thought it would be fun and festive to mix a little gold and silver on the table.The china has a gold rim and so do the glasses, so I used my gold flatware.


The gold flatware ties in with the gold rimmed glasses and china and the silver chargers tie in with the vintage silver pieces.


Hydrangeas and roses, my favorite flowers and in my favorite colors just make me happy.




My tablecloth is a thrift store purchase. It has been mended in many places by whomever owned it before me. The thought that someone loved it so much that they repaired it when it became worn makes it precious to me.



Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Valentines Day filled with love. I'll be linking up with these great blogs this week,

                                               Savvy Southern Style

                                             French Country Cottage

                                            Craftberry Bush

                                            My Romantic Home

                                            Ivy and Elephants

                                           Thooughts From Alice

                                         Snickerdoodle Sunday

18 comments:

  1. That is one stunning table, Karen! The gold and silver work beautifully along with the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning indeed! I love the pink and the fact that it's sooo with all the red and hearts all over the place. I will be making mine in pink this year as well. We'll be four on the table.
    Love all the pale roses and the silver vases you used for them. Very elegant and romantic.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it's right out of a magazine, it's beautiful! Your flower arrangements are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and definitely romantic! Your table is magazine worthy. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this wonderful table. It is soft, sweet, and Beautiful, and the flowers are so gorgeous and just ran away with my heart.
    Stunning............Thanks so much for sharing it.............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely achieved what you set out to do. It's pretty & romantic, and I think stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table turned so romantic and elegant...just gorgeous and perfect for Valentines Day...

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love flowers on the table!
    Happy to find you, your blog is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love flowers on the table!
    Happy to find you, your blog is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously so beautiful, Karen. I love the different shades of pink in each of the arrangements. Your pictures turned out really nice. Such an elegant table you set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tablescape, Karen, and very romantic too! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It just goes to show Karen that it doesn't take a lot of money to ooze elegance and style....everything looks so beautiful, l hope you enjoy a perfect Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen,
    I hope you get this here. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You come through as a No Reply blogger when you comment but I wanted you to know I got your comment on my RH post. Sorry you have been battling health issues, too. It is just miserable to be sick in the winter (or anytime for that matter, I guess). xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, and what a gorgeous table indeed you set. You always do a beautiful job. Hope all is well. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan