Slider

Snowball and Cotton Boll Wreath

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm decorating for Christmas earlier than usual this year because we're going out of town for a week the day after Thanksgiving. I'm excited about visiting family and at the same time anxious because it's a whole weeks setback. I'm sharing my first Christmas project now because I'll be away and I don't think I'll be taking my computer.



 This year I'm doing a snowy woodland winter. I thought a snowball wreath would work well with that theme.However  the thought of making tons of pom poms by hand was not appealing to me so I bought two large bags of white pom poms in assorted sizes and glued them to a Styrofoam wreath that I first covered with an old white sheet torn into about one yard strips.





I glued on a few cotton bolls for a little extra texture and because they're pretty and remind me of snow balls.


 I added a little silver glass glitter to the husk of the cotton bolls for a little sparkle.


 I bought the chalkboard print from Dear Lillie to use on my buffet but I thought it made a pretty back drop for my wreath. You'll be seeing more of that later on. Thanks for stopping by. I'll have a few quick and easy projects to share later. I'll be linking up with these ladies this week,

                                        Savvy Southern Style

                                      French Country Cottage

                                     Craftberry Bush

                                    Ivy and Elephants

                                   My Romantic Home

16 comments:

  1. Spectacular vignette, Karen. I love that wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is gorgeous with your glittery deer and chalkboard print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Karen! The whole thing makes a great vignette. I love the print and will have to check out her shop for it.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Savvy Southern Style! LOVE this wreath! Sharing it on my facebook later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming by from Savvy Southern Style - this is just gorgeous !!!
    Pinning now - thanks for sharing
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just plain out love this. The added touch of the glitter on the cotton bolls make it magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this whole vignette! The wreath is just gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
    I hope you have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job on the wreath. I haven't seen any others like it. It looks great in the vignette. I would love to have one, but I know I would not have the patience to glue all the little cotton balls on it.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's beautiful.Such a clever idea :)
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic. This wreath is absolutely adorable. So what I have to do now is searching for cotton bolls.
    Have a happy time and all my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wreath is so pretty, where ever did you find the bolls? We featured you this week at Ivy and Elephants!
    Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a Winter Wonderland Door!! So beautiful! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration, and great idea.

    Happy Holidays.

    Betty (Maddiebellahome.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creative wreath Karen and perfect for a Wintery Christmas. Hope you're enjoying your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wreath is beautiful, Karen. I bet it took a lot of patience attaching all of the pom poms. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time away with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cotton ball wreath is fabulous, and perfect with your birch wrapped candles...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan