Slider

New Finds

Friday, June 8, 2012

 I've been in a slump for several days. I've started a few projects and have completed none. I have however been shopping! Shopping is my therapy, when I'm sad I shop, even if I don't actually buy anything, it makes me feel better to be around beautiful things. I even love going on virtual shopping trips with fellow bloggers. Post that take us along to flea markets and fairs make me really happy. Since I don't have a completed project  to share I thought I would show you some of my new thrift store purchases.  The first thing is this pretty tiered tray.





The scalloped edge is so pretty. It looks like milk glass and that makes me very happy.

I also found a new tureen, insert happy dance! I have a thing for white tureens with pretty shapes. This is marked Calif H16 USA. I don't know much about the maker but I've seen similar tureens on various auction sites. They are selling them for considerably more than the 4 bucks I paid for this.


I love the  handles on the sides and top, they look like vines.I also found a bowl or tureen that may have had a top at one time. It has pretty scrolling on the handles and a cute pedestal. It's marked  Laveno Italy since 1866, again I have no knowledge of this maker, I just liked the shape.


I've been looking for a vintage mirrored vanity tray and finally lucked up and found one for 1.99. It was gold and I painted it in Pink Sea Salt by MS paints.


I guess I should be more careful about reflections in mirrors. The chalkboard reflection makes the tray look dirty lol.  Well I hope you like my purchases and if anyone knows anything about the makers of my tureens please share. I'll be joining these parties this week;

                                                             It's Overflowing

                                                            Savvy Southern Style

                                                           Ivy and Elephants

                                                          My Romantic Home

24 comments:

  1. You got some great finds! I really love that tiered tray with the detailed edges and that mirrored tray is so pretty too -- hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you have some great purchases! I love the tiered tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good! I love your tiered tray. I can imagine it filled with delicious treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiered tray is amazing ~ as well as the other neat things.

    May blessing come your way today and always ~

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great things. I especially like the tiered tray. I am imagining it with all kinds of cookies on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen-Well, I think your slump ended when you went shopping. You found some marvelous things- I love your tureens- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finds all of them. I particularly love the tiered tray, it makes me think of afternoon tea in the garden. Not much chance of that here in the pouring rain and gale force winds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finds,I especially like the tureen without the lid. It's a really nice shape, it would make a lovely rose bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finds, Karen! I love your tureen! Of course, once I decided a grouping might look nice over a section of cabinetry in my kitchen I haven't seen any at Goodwill. In the past, I had seen one every time I went in there ~ always in great shape, too. Serves me right for not getting them then! Love the tiered tray, too. That will be wonderful on a table holding some sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great finds! The tiered tray is so pretty. What is it about retail therapy that cures whatever ails us?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Karen. I love that tray. I`s very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow you did find wonderful treasures. Where in Jersey are you finding them? Your tray looks a lot like my grandmothers cake stand that I have and adore. Yours is prettier!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen,
    Great finds. Love those taureens. Lucky you found such pretty and all white ones. Been keeping my eyes open for one of my own...just love them.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I just tell you how beautiful your photos are! You are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your wonderful finds.

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds, each piece is lovely and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some beautiful pieces you have found I love the tureens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sound like me :-) These are gorgeous pieces!! I would love for you to stop by and see my new antique store finds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ho there Karen! Shopping is wonderful therapy and it works every time. I love your pieces. They are a perfect find for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful finds...love vintage white porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow ! Beautiful finds... Love the cake stand... And those pretty-shaped tureens as well... !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE, LOVE the tiered tray! Glad to see another blogger that thrifts! pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love white dishes...they make everything you put in them look so elegant. You have a pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome finds! I've got to get back out there in the estate sale world and get me some pretties too! :)
    Blessings,
    Torri

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an awesome price for that beautiful tureen.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan