Slider

Inspirational

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ever since I laid eyes on this wooden rosary by Rachel Ashwell  I've wanted one. The simplicity of it makes it so beautiful to me. However Rachel's is a little out of my budget, but it did inspire me to make a couple of my own. I made one that looks a lot like the original and one that I put more of my own twist on. I'm sharing the latter today. Later I'll show you the other one.  This is my rosary;




I used wooden beads and a wooden cross that I bought from the craft store.  I had seen a cross made from book pages and it gave me the idea to cover my beads with script. I stamped tissue paper and decoupaged it to the beads and cross. I used rhinestone spacers between the beads and threaded them on cotton twine.






Its made even more special by the addition of of my mothers earring added to the cross. Decoupaging the beads was very tedious and time consuming, I had every intention of making it longer but it would have taken me a year.


 Mom had a ton of jewelry some earrings were onesies, perfect for crafts.




In some spots on the beads the script  looks marbled, a happy accident, I like it. I'll share my other creation soon. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm joining these ladies this week;

                                              Jennifer Rizzo

                                            Savvy Southern Style

                                            Ivy and Elephants

                                            My Romantic Home

22 comments:

  1. I love this, very pretty. I might have to try this on a wooden cross I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. You really have a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. I love it- it speaks of serenity and peace. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I can only imagine the patience you must have to have decoupaged each bead. You did a wonderful job, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you were able to use something that belonged to your mother.

    Sending along my best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and beautiful ~

    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I (((LOVE))) your creation! It is simply PERFECT in every way!
    Thank you for sharing this with us. I am going to attempt one for myself...
    Have a wonderful holiday week,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your interpretation of rachel's beads are just lovely! i adore how you hand stamped the cross and beads with french script. sooo creative! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a statue very similiar to this one, except my Mary has her hands crossed over her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation, Karen. I love it. How wonderful to use your moms jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love rosaries and this large one you made is charming. That you added your mom's jewelry makes it more special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm impressed!! So simple, so beautiful. Don't tell Rachel, but I like yours better..

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful, Karen, and somehow so much more meaningful because of all the hard work you have put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Such a labor of love and it shows in all the details. Love the way you incorporated your mom's jewelry, so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Karen,
    I love, love, love it! It turned out beautifully. Truly inspiring. Can't wait to see the other one. Have a beautiful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a lot of dedication! They turned out great but I can understand how long that must take. Maybe just crosses next time:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love it, you created a beautiful piece of prayer.

    really truly stunningly Euro-chic!!
    xx
    Blessings
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful and functional too. Well done you. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. Love how you stamped the tissue paper with script and used it for your decoupage. The detail of your mother's earring on the cross makes it truly special. Love this. Now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty. Loving your blog. I'm a new follower. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan