Slider

A Thrifted Vignette

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My ever changing buffet is dressed up  for Spring in mostly thrift store treasures. I love changing this for the seasons. Its even more fun when done on the cheap. I've collected a lot of white tureens at thrift stores so I decided why not add them to the vignette along with my Goodwill frame. It was a terrible gold before I painted it white. My Husband cut a piece of leftover wood sub flooring for me and I painted it with chalkboard paint and popped it in the frame.




The silver cuff with the glass  also came from a thrift store.  I bought the glass candle holder from the dollar store and added it to the cuff. The  mercury glass candle stick was bought at Marshalls as was the lantern. The seashells are also from my stash. I had a little fun with the picture in pic monkey.


  I bought St. Therese at Goodwill  and the twigs came from  my yard. The little nest has been in my stash for years, I think I bought it at Michaels.



 All three of these tureens were thrift store purchases. I have a real weakness for white  turreens. Only one piece is ironstone but as much as I love ironstone if its white and has a pretty shape its for me, ironstone or not.




 Happy Mothers Day everyone. I hope you all have a great day. I'll be linking up with these great parties;


                                               Its Overflowing

                                             Ivy and Elephants
                                           
                                             Savvy Southern Style
                                         
                                           My Romantic Home

                                          The Tablescaper

24 comments:

  1. There are so many great things about this vignette! I love the different textures with the shells and tureens and statue . . . that little next is adorable and really looks great with everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tureens, Karen! I went to Goodwill this week actually looking for a couple that I saw there previously and, of course, they were gone. They usually have a few so I'm hoping next time. I'm thinking of putting them on my kitchen cabinet tops since my whites cabinet is full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty vignette! Happy Mother's Day.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pure and beautiful vignette. It is just gorgeous and I LOVE those tureens! I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like all the white with the touches of silver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's day, my friend. You displayed everything so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really lovely. You've made some excellent purchases, they might have been 'on the cheap' but they look very elegant. A very Happy Mothers' Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day to you. I love your display! It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This vignette is so gorgeous! I can't believe you did it all with thrift finds. Just goes to show how creative you are! Thanks for sharing it with us at Ivy and Elephants.
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patti! you are a lot of epargne in your life! 5 appartements near of the catedral! and some gentlemen who visit you every week.. ejem

      Delete
  10. You make the most beautiful and serene vignettes, Karen. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous Karen.....love all white! Have a wonderful and sweet week. ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,

    I adore your beautiful treasures. I love your chalkboard frame.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many pretty things. The chalkboard add a great touch. I found you through The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the visit, and follow!:)

    I am sooo a Thrift Store Addict...love the places, enjoy digging with some of them, and I especially enjoy being able to treasure items that were once loved. Use them as they are, or give them a lil bit more love with a repurpose job of their own. Hmmm...makes my day!:)

    Whoops! Better stop before I get carried away...LOL:) Love what you do here, and what you share. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!:)

    Lilacs
    LilacsNDreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful vignette, I love those tureens. Thanks for sharing.Happy to be a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So different, so many textures. Thanks so much for being a part of my 100th Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your vignette is gorgeous. I love the black and white with silver mixed in. Why can't I find anything that good at our GW? I adore the shells and coral too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, and thrift store treasures are perfect because they are unique...Great job!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful vignette! All your wonderful finds look so pretty displayed together.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your vignette..just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Karen, your buffet vignette is lovely! I love that you got those beautiful tureens at thrift stores! Awesome! I'm your newest follower. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally beautiful! I'm so green with envy over those tureens!!! Featuring you tomorrow!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a lovely vignette, Karen--I love the mercury glass candlestick, and those tureens--wow, how pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan