Slider

Too Soon?

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Well that's what I  thought when fall items started appearing in stores. Then seeing all of the pretty fall colors got me in the mood to do a fall craft. I know everybody and their Aunt Minnie has made a book page wreath but that didn't stop me from plunging right in and doing another one.


As you can see I skipped right to Halloween. I've been wanting to make a wreath like this for a while now, what was stopping me?





I accordion folded the book pages and folded them in half then stapled them in the center.


I glued the folded and stapled pages to a cardboard cake circle. The book is a vintage Physicians Desk Reference and it's really aged to a nice patina. It's a perfect color for Halloween.



I thought the book called for this skull image from  The Graphics Fairy. I glittered the image lightly with clear glitter. It's not showing up at all in this shot.



You can see the glitter a little better here although the shadow makes it look like Mr. Skull is peeling up off of the backing.  I made the edges a little irregular, love the imperfect look of it.


I made another book page wreath for everyday use, I'll show it to you later, if you promise not to gouge your eyes out from having to look at another book page wreath tee hee. I picked up those cute little owls from the Dollar Tree. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be joining these great link ups this week,

                                                                      Between Naps On The Porch
                                                                     
                                                                     Savvy Southern Style

                                                                    Stone Gable

                                                                   Craftberry Bush

                                                                My Romantic Home

                                                               Ivy and Elephants

                                                              The Tablescaper
The Lettered Cottage">

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that's creepy, Karen. lol Great wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great- a bit creepy but great!;>) I can't wait to see your un-creepy one. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking wreath. I never do Halloween, I just let my fall stuff do the job. I live in the stix and have never had a trick or treater. In my neck of the woods Christmas is in the stores already and we skipped right over Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath is beautiful! Now that skeleton head is a bit spooky though! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this wreath and have yet to tackle one. I do have it in the plans though just like thousands of other projects!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there are a lot of book page wreaths floating around, but I've never seen one like yours before. I love the way you folded the pages. Such a unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, nice twist on a book page wreath.

    I'd love to have you link your post to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. really a fun wreath for Halloween, I've not seen one put together like this. and the skull adds just enough "creep" factor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I have never ever made a book page wreath and I really like yours! I like the creepy aspect too and no not too early at all-I love Fall and Halloween!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the wreath and loved that you skipped right to Halloween, I am making projects for Halloween now and taking some pictures to post a little later, I love that you didn't wait...love the wreath and I always wanted to make one and thanks for reminding me to do just that...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath really turned out neat! In that fun creepy Halloweeny kinda way:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think so, because inspiration never comes to early and I love your book page wreath with the skull in the middle, just saw it over at Ivy & the Elephants What's it Wednesday party. I guess I'll have to make one too now!
    Kind wishes
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your book page wreath. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. It is a feature this week at Ivy and Elephants. Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody and their Aunt Minnie may have made a book page wreath, but your's is beautiful! I really am going to have to join this book page party soon because I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this...and the colors are so perfect for Halloween. I'm tempted to try and make one. :) This would be great to share for Metamorphosis Monday...great Before and After!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan