Slider

Hunting and Gathering

Sunday, February 3, 2013



We are in the process of prepping for a few major projects, so  I have  been measuring and shopping and tearing things apart. I bought a new sink and faucet for the kitchen from Ikea. I have something like this in mind for my kitchen makeover,

source

       I bought this sink,



source
and this faucet,
source
We ordered subway tiles in sheets for the back splash and since real soapstone is out of my budget I special ordered a laminate called oiled soapstone from Lowe's, here's a peek,

Close this window



Laminates are really good these days, they've come a long way since the old days. Here's a sample of the flooring that's going throughout the house, except for the bathroom,



    It's a floating vinyl flooring that looks like wood and comes in planks, it's waterproof and pet friendly. I wanted a light floor and this seemed the most practical and low maintenance, plus it's gorgeous and budget friendly.  I'm also replacing my wall oven with a free standing range, but I''m still looking for just the right one. I bought paint, misty gray by Benjamin Moore for the walls and distant gray for the ceilings and trim. Misty gray is a very light gray and distant gray is almost white with a hint of gray. Well that's what I've been up to. There's more on the to do list I'll keep you posted. I'll be back later with a little winter pick me up project. Thanks for stopping by!

                                 



                          

17 comments:

  1. Sounds very exciting! I have loved that sink from Ikea from afar for a few years now. I can't wait to see it in your new kitchen. I love the flooring that you chose as well. So smart to go with planked vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.. we are just finishing up the Master suite. Then the kitchen will be the BIG to do. Not sure when we are tackling this one.
    Looking forward tot he progress.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love more info on the type of flooring you selected. I'm so ready for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting...I can tell by your choices that it is going to be a beautiful makeover. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. You've made some lovely choices.
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very pretty....I love all your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl just beautiful.. Magazine worthy.. In fact you need to enter that in something .. JUST lovely ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your inspiration photo is very inspiring! :) Lucky you proud owner of that new sink...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see how your kitchen turns out...you have some wonderful ideas! The sink and faucet are gorgeous and I wish I had seen the counter top material you found, I really love soapstone but hubby thought it would be hard to take care of. Good luck! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really looking forward to seeing the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful choices your making-I think your finished product will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can already tell it's going to be beautiful, Karen. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds very exciting! I love the inspiration kitchen, so I can't wait to see it when you're finished. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's gonna be gorgeous! the soapstone floor tiles are genius!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds so beautiful! I can't wait to see the reveal.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I have popped over for a visit from Mary's blog...Home is Where the Boat Is. I also have two bichons and happened to notice your mentioning it on her blog!! It's interesting to me that you and I are also both renovating our kitchens at the same time...and we have both picked grey for the wall colors! I have looked at Ikea, but many of the things that I wanted to order are not available to order online...so I am stuck as we don't have an Ikea anywhere near us!! I adore your flooring choice!! I'm spending alot of time in Lowe's these days, so tomorrow I am going to go back and see if I can find this flooring!! Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!! Jeanne from bichonpawz at http://bermudabluez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan