Slider

Christmas ''Mantle''

Saturday, December 1, 2012

By now we all know I don't really have a mantle. My rehabbed Goodwill buffet is my substitute for a gorgeous fireplace mantle that exist only in my head LOL. At any rate the only thing I knew for sure this Christmas was that I wanted feathers and greenery and candles  and I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I came up with this vignette,






I bought a fresh garland and added it to some faux greenery that I had to give it a lush look. Then I poked in  silver faux bay leaves and astilbe, along with mercury glass votives, silver balls and icy garland.






 To make the deer head, I cut the head off of a paper mache deer painted it white and glued it to a wooden plaque purchased at a craft store. To make the feather wreath I wrapped a boa around a cardboard circle after I cut a hole in the center of it.


This is a closer view of the garland around the mirror. It's a mixture of real and faux greenery icy garland and silver bay leaves. Below are some closeups of the mantle greenery.




It was very simple and quick to put this together and it looks wintry and festive. Its hard to shoot this and get it all in one shot, in fact I backed into the wood burner trying to get it all in ouch! LOL.


I still need to put up my tree and do little more crafting and decorating. I guess I need to get busy.Thanks for stopping by. I'll be joining these Holiday parties,

                                     
                                       Savvy Southern Style
                                 
                                    The Lettered Cottage 

                                   

30 comments:

  1. Your buffet looks absolutely beautiful! I also don't have a mantle so I decorate the top of my piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful vignette takes my breath away! That is some of the prettiest garland I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm in love with the white feather wreath! Perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving that feather wreath! Looks just fabulous with all the greens and mirror. I don't have a mantel, either, so I substitute the top of my piano and decorate like a mantel. It's just a matter of making do with what you have! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love your mantle! The feather wreath is to die for and looks so great with the mercury glass candle sticks and greenery. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your fresh greenery....and the feather wreath is just so much fun!!!...Beautiful mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mantel or not it is just beautiful, Karen! I love all the greenery, silver and white. I've got to pin this one for inspiration {not this year cause I'm determined to be done but maybe next year}.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love how full and lush it is. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feathers and greenery, silver and gold (and white), rustic and lush, all at the same time...GORGEOUS! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Karen! It's very lush & lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever and festive it is Karen. It looks like a real mantle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantel is so beautiful. I love everything about it!!! The wreath with the deer head is so lovely.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "mantle" looks beautiful...The greens,the frame and glass all look so elegant. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning Karen! I just found your blog and wish I had time today to sit here and read your older posts but there is too much to do today.. But I just became a follower so I'll be back..

    ReplyDelete
  15. That turned out great... very pretty... Happy Sunday
    Ciao for now...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! simply, as you said, and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very frosty and snowy. Great idea about using the deer head!
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen-It all looks beautiful. As nice as any mantle I've seen. Love the feather wreath- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks great! I don't have a mantel at the moment either and miss decorating one. I think a buffet is a great substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen, you are very talented. Your mantle is beautiful. You have that special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This all looks SO gorgeous! I love your feathery wreath, and the garland looks so fresh and full. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your "mantle" looks gorgeous! I love the light and bright look!
    The feathers really add the glamour!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous--I love the greenery, the feathers and the mercury glass--all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Io adoro le piume e il tuo stile è semplice e di grande effetto.
    Buona giornata.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what you did with the mirror and that feather wreath is so fun and whimsical for Christmas. I love the mantel as well.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan