Slider

Romantic Candles

Sunday, November 18, 2012


 I've bought a ton of holy candles from the dollar store, with the intention of  altering them in some way. I finally came up with a quick and easy way to give them a soft and romantic look.






All I did was wrap a doily around the candle, add a heart shaped smaller doily to the front, then I stamped a tag glittered it around the rim and tied it to the candle with cotton twine.  It was easy and fast and what's even better than that...I love them. I'll be using them in my Christmas buffet arrangement. If I don't change my mind that is. This is the candle undressed,



I know we've all seen or bought these at the dollar store or grocery store. I like them plain and dressed up.  I think I'll do a few more in different ways, it was a lot of fun.







I'm working on a few more dollar store makeovers. I'll be sharing them soon. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be joining these great parties this week.

                                                     
                                                       
                                                          DebbieDoos
                                                     
                                                         Savvy Southern Style
                                                   
                                                         TimeWashed

                                                         StoneGable
                                           
                                                        My Romantic Home
                                                   

                                                     


                                                 

                                                       









                                                   
                                                     
                                                     

                                             


                                                   

39 comments:

  1. They remind me of sweet little angels! What a cute idea!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling idea, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am going to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    Just saw these on Pinterest! Love them! I altered mine too, and decoupaged napkins onto them. I did some for Halloween, and now I think I will try your idea! Love them!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs and a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic! LOVE them!!!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic makeover-very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just gorgeous- I love them...you'd never believe they started out as dollar store candles- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. great transformation!

    joy to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really pretty! I'm going to be working on some with some sheet music soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those, and, you could even take them a step further by gluing them to one of the little glass candle holders. =)

    blessings and thanks for a great idea. simple is my fave. =)

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous are those. Great project for a budget. So glad you shared the candles. I have tons of those paper doilies so now would be a good time to use them. I'll have to see how I can gussy them up a little more. You are so smart.
    I'll have to hope there'll be some of those holy candles left at our $ stores when we get paid on the 28th. of Nov. Seems like by the time I can buy things they're all gone. Drat it. Sometimes getting paid once a month is a real pain in the caboose but I keep trying.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh those are gorgeous Karen. They look like something you would buy from a high end boutique. Thanks for sharing. Perfect for our dollar tree party coming up too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Romantic is right! Karen, these are stunning! Lacy and pure!!! Perfect for a White Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant idea. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful! I have seen these at the Dollar Store countless times -- I may have to pretty them up like this. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, they are beautiful. What a great idea. I have to do this on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look beautiful Karen! I love the tags, too. Your whites are so pretty here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your candles are so dreamy, Karen. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am completely in love with these!!! Brilliant. Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas! I would love for you to see my centerpiece at my Thanksgiving table :) I am visiting you from Savvy Southern Style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love these, Karen! I almost grabbed some the other day to play with but left them...hmmph! These look so wintery and wonderful! There you go inspiring me!! Thanks for that!! And for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are the prettiest Christmas candles I've ever seen, Karen! Great job on them! I'm so glad that you shared them with us today! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look so pretty Thankyou for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty and pure-looking! I'm getting excited now about putting up Christmas decor.
    Heather from Friendshiplifeandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are beautiful and I love how simple they are to do! Pinning these! Found you from Debbiedoo's party.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty idea for your candles--I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I love to make great transformations that are easy too...dramatic but easy LOL. I also love how you displayed them, gorgeous. I made some with lace, will be posting soon. I'm "Going White" in my house and have many projects at once, but its looking dreamy :D blessings, lady

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so pretty. I love these candles. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/mason-jar-center-piece-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  28. woow...they are really Lovley :)
    and do not miss .....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I got my candles, and my little ceramic houses today. have houses painted, now to glitter them up.
    will do candles tomorrow.

    so love those projects. thanks so much for sharing.

    blessings and thanks
    barb

    PS when done, I will pot on blog/and or FB.
    Will link back to you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so elegant...thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Karen, would you email me when you get a chance:) micmanno@aol.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I tell ya Karen, your projects just keep getting prettier and prettier. I think I will be making a visit to Dollar Tree today! Thanks for the lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just posted a picture of my candle take off's of your idea. (on my FB page)
    Treasures from the Heart

    was doing it out of my head.....and they are OK.. would put paper doily up higher on next one, like you did.

    thanks
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this great idea with us!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Would you mind if I pinned this post to one of my Pinterest boards? I would love to make this but I have several crafts in process at the moment and I don't want to lose this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan