Slider

Soft and Neutral Falll Table

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Setting a pretty table is one of my favorite things to do, I could play with dishes and tablescapes all day long. You all know that I love a neutral palette in decor, well I also love a soft and neutral table.




For this table I wanted soft colors, so I started out with white pumpkins, grey velvet pumpkins white hydrangeas, soft lambs ear and dusty miller to make an arrangement in a galvanized planter
.



To add texture as well as to offset the soft colors I used grapevine wreaths as chargers.I washed them with a watered down mixture of white and grey paint . I wanted to  keep the texture and most of the original color and just soften them a little.


The softness of the arrangement set the tone for everything that followed, from the selection of dishes and cutlery to the candlesticks and napkins.


I tied the napkins with twine and added a feather.  To reflect the bounty of the season  autumnal fruits and gourds were added to the table along with twigs from the yard



I added pops of green with artichokes and dusty miller to the table.



The sparkle of mercury glass plays nicely with the galvanized planter. I used a table runner made from wallpaper that mimics planked wood.








It always brings back happy holiday memories when I  use my moms china. When I was growing up we only used these dishes for Christmas and Thanksgiving.




I had a lot of fun making this tablescape, I got to use all of my favorite elements. Thanks so much for visiting. I'll be joining these great linkups this week,


                                                        Craftberrybush

                                                      French Country Cottage

                                                    Savvy Southern Style


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! love the colours and styling :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Karen! I love all the items you used. It's so fun to see how your tablescape came together. It definitely inspires me to create my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is beautiful! I love the neutral colors and grapevine wreath chargers...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is so elegant! Just love all the elements, textures and colors. I also like your use of the grapevine wreath chargers. Have a lovely week ~ Mickie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most beautiful fall tablescapes I've seen this season. The muted colours and softness from the florals and feathers make it so unique. I'd love for you to share it at our link party, Create • Share • Inspire, this Thursday at 8:00 pm EST at www.aburstofbeautiful.com.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan