Slider

Easter Softly

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I wasn't going to decorate for Easter because my house is in disarray but after seeing so many gorgeous Easter vignettes in blog land  I  decided to create a small tabletop vignette. I love bunnies and chicks but I decided to do something a little different. Easter is a very holy holiday so I went with that aspect.  I used one of my Mary planters and a Cross that I bought from the dollar tree. I added silver leaf to the raised parts of the Cross. I also decorated plastic eggs that I bought from the Dollar Tree with hand stamped tissue paper and silver leaf. I glittered some of the eggs with a mixture of glass glitter and glamour dust. I created an arrangement in an urn that I've had for many years. It used to be a deep burgundy... I spray painted it silver using Krylon spray paint in  Metallic Brilliant Silver.  I added twigs from my back yard and some silk Cherry blossoms that I had on hand. I arranged them in the urn an added moss and tiny birds nest to the branches. I put three of the decorated eggs in the urn  on top of the moss. I painted some crystals turquoise to use on a chandelier for my kitchen. I decided to add them to the branches for a little color and sparkle. Besides my kitchen is a long way from having the chandy hung  might as well put the crystals to good use. Here are some shots of my vignette;
The complete vignette



The urn arrangement

Close up of birds in branches

Decorated eggs in my PB knockoff  hurricane
Close up of center of the urn arrangement
The  glittered and decoupaged eggs
Blessed Mother
Silver leafed dollar store cross
Eggs in urn arrangement
Another look.
This is something  different  than my usual but I really like it. Its very soothing somehow. I hope you like it too. I'm linking up with  Centsationl Girl's Fair Weather Forum  and  Debbie Doos bloggin and Blabbin Newbie Party  and My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and Decor To Adore's Spring Craft Linky Party.



32 comments:

  1. Everything looks gorgeous! I love it all!! Great job girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Karen!! I love everything.
    I love the medal wrapped around the egg...everything is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen...I just love this! I think my favorite touch is the blue crystals. I noticed your Miraculous Medal on one of the eggs. I wear one every day. I am your newest follower and found you at Debbie's. Come visit my blog if you have time...Happy Easter. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you really came through for a gal who was not going to decorate. Looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing in my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the urn arrangement!! Very pretty and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful decorations, and you truly remembered the reason for the season. Your eggs and urn are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Karen! I love the little birds in their nest. The decoupaged eggs are really neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely...especially like the decoupaged eggs :) Here from DebbieDoo's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how lovely, the little birds in the nest are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the display and those eggs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is truely lovely!! Gorgeous!

    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I've just been admiring your Easter vignette - I love the detail you've to, those little birds in the nest are such a beautiful touch!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vignette! Love how you brought in the spiritual side of the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The whole thing looks great, but I love the urn arrangement best! I am a new follower from Debbiedoos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, I am visiting from Debbie's Newbie Party. I am now a follower. Love all of your decorations but I really like how you did your tree. Last week I was going to do a tree, but I couldn't find my old urn! Didn't really want to spend the money to get another one so I'm looking around the house for another container. Come visit me. http://cottageatthecrossroads.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous vignette!

    I am having a spring craft linky party and giveaway on my blog this Friday. I would love for you to showcase this wonderful scene.

    Details are on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks Beautiful! Loving the little birds in the nest - so cute :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous ... love all of the different elements you've mixed together to pull off a beautiful vignette !! *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Yes the little birds....so cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for stopping by! Returning the visit from Debbiedoo's Newbie party. Love the juxtaposition of the natural elements (twigs, moss) and chandelier crystals in your vignette. Did you use a special glass paint? The turquoise color is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you do those eggs? They're so beautiful! Here from Debbie Doos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely arrangement! And I am adoring those decoupage eggs!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  23. It all looks so pretty! I love the crystals, and little nests on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm loving your glittered and decoupaged eggs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Karen! How pretty! Love those pretty eggs!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karen...had to come back by again...so lovely are your decorations...just lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice. I have several beaded eggs that our oldest son made. I helped him by stringing the beads. He sold them to a store and that started his adventure. It has now blossomed into design school and an internship this summer in New York City. He is incredibly talented.
    Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your pretty decorations. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan