The books were random hard backs, I tried to stick with the ones that had a dark cover because I could use that to help distress the books. This is a sample of the books in their original condition.
I painted them in multiple layers of gray and white paint wiped it back with a wet cloth and distressed the pages with distress ink.
Then I decided to stamp the binders with various stamps.It's dark and rainy today so it was hard to photograph these and get all the detail. I also used a little silver wax lightly on a few.
I have a few more that I'm going to try something a little more romantic with... I think. That may change between now and then.
Thanks for stooping by. I'll be joining these great parties this week,
Blue Egg Brown Nest
Savvy Southern Style
My Romantic Home