Monday, April 14, 2014

Painting, Painting, Painting and a New Arrival

Hello friends! I'm still alive and feeling well enough to tackle painting my Living room, Dining room, hall and foyer. It's taking forever because I have to take lots of breaks and a day or two off in between sometimes. My stamina just is not the greatest. The dining room was the hardest to do and I still haven't put on the first coat of paint.

                       

The dining room had been wallpapered by the previous owners and then they decided to paint over it. Yeah it was impossible to strip it without causing a huge mess. I decided to skim coat over it. I used this tutorial. Now I just have to paint it.

This is the right side and the above is the left side.


That 70's paneling with the first coat of primer.

This is the foyer . It was paneled in that 70's plywood paneling that was so popular. It's a tiny space so you can imagine how dark it looked. Before I painted it I washed all of the paneling and trim with tsp and rinsed it well.  It looks so much brighter with one coat of streaky primer. It needs another coat of primer, a new light fixture and paint. I primed all of the all of the trim too. On a happier note look what finally arrived after three months of waiting!






I wanted to have lots more of the room put together before my chair came but my body had other plans. I hope to have some pretty pictures to share soon. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be joining these ladies this week

                                                                Savvy Southern Style

                                                               Craftberry Bush

                                                             French Country Cottage

                                                            My Romantic Home


13 comments:

  1. I know how it is for your body to not keep up with your ideas. Everything is looking pretty and fresh. I would love to have some painted paneling somewhere in my house. I love the beadboard look. Enjoy your beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Karen! We're painting buddies this week. You will get through it. Great idea to take breaks in between. Your chair is gorgeous. Well worth the wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chair looks great, Karen! Wow, that certainly is a lot of work you had to take on just to get to the painting portion. Best that you rest in between and don't push your body. It will look great when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i absolutely LOVE that chair!! oh wow...A LOT! sigh....
    I hope you're feling better and don't worry......all those projects will be accomplished in good time. take care of :"you." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day at a time... they will get done. Continue to feel better. Luvly chair!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow and steady and you'll get it done :) Don't over do it. Love the chair by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a fresh paint job will make! That chair is stunning! Take your time...I know your space will be amazing when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....does this ever bring back memories of my lake house, Karen! We had the dark 70s paneling all throughout the house. The first thing I did was prime and paint every single room plus all the trim. We went from living in a "cave" to a bright, happy, lightfilled home! :) You are sooo going to love your walls when you get done! Thanks for the tip on using joint compound over old painted wallpaper! Great idea!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, you have been quite the busy bee. I love painting but It can be very tiring, especially if you are doing it all by yourself. That is a lot of rooms to paint :-) But I am certain when it is all done it will have all been worth it. Cannot wait to see them all done...Love the chair.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day at a time and you have to listen to your body. I have MS and know all to well about not having stamina to finish projects as quickly as one want. Hang in there and take it slowly so you can get it finished the way you want. One gorgeous chair!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely take breaks when needed. How fun though to freshen up a room. I hope you feel better real soon. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh all that painting! You are doing it yourself? What a big endeavor! I have to have painters nowadays....
    Can't wait to see....
    The chair is lovely....
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ciao Karen, i tuoi lavori come sempre sono molto belli.
    Progetti così impegnativi richiedono molto tempo e fatica, lo so, anche noi stiamo ristrutturando il nostro grottino .
    Tanta pazienza e tanta forza d'animo !!!!
    Ti auguro una buona Pasqua .
    Baci, Carla.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...