Friday, March 1, 2013

Reno Update



I told you all about our kitchen plans here, we decided to work on our very horrible and scary bathroom before tackling the kitchen makeover. However we did have to install the new stove and dishwasher because the old appliances bit the dust. Now the kitchen looks even worse with the sparkling new appliances and the dingy beat up floors and counter tops, old crusty back splash and yellowing cabinets and general mess.On a brighter note, here are a few inspirations pictures that I pinned for my bathroom.




vintage bathroom
source

Farmhouse Bathroom...
source
                                                          

CUTE PINK STUFF ... and more beautiful vessel sinks and chippy vanity
source
                                     
My bathroom will probably look more like the first picture, because of the materials we selected. Here is a a story board I made with some of our selections, which we have been stockpiling for years!


I'm putting bead board from the floor to ceiling to cover the horrid textured walls we currently have, courtesy of the previous owners. Since everything is being done on a super tight budget I decided to keep the blue bathtub and paint it with white tub and tile paint. I bought new fixtures for the toilet to update it, and we're adding bead board to the front of the tub like the picture in the story board. I bought  inexpensive white field tiles for the bath and shower surround, the plan is to place them in a diamond pattern.  We have to work on the major things on my husbands two days off and after we get some of the demo done I will be able to do some of the work during the week. Exciting times! I cant tell you how happy I am to get these projects underway, it's been a long time coming. On another exciting note the flooring was delivered Thursday WHOO HOOO!!! It's gorgeous, still waiting on the laminate sheets for the kitchen counter tops to be delivered.  I cant wait to get going.   Well that's what we're up to, thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love your inspiration pics with the sink skirts. I have been thinking about doing that in my kitchen. I need to stop thinking and just do it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! We've been working on our house which we just purchased late last summer. It's 44 years old and hasn't had any decor changes in all 44 years! I have painted most of the main level, had a new roof put on, re-carpeted all but the kitchen on main level, put in a new kitchen floor (tiles) and all new appliances...we had to drill a hole in the basement wall for dryer vent and put in a gas line as well, obviously never had a dryer before. I still need a new kitchen sink and faucet, counter tops and somewhere down the line a dishwasher (this house has never had one of them either). I especially love your adding beadboard, can't wait to see it up! It is fun to fix up a house to your own liking and we're very proud of what we have accomplished, but wish we had a BIGGER budget...or anything resembling a budget! hahaha!!! Can't wait to see what you're doing!!!
    ~Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next best thing to new kitchen decor is a new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Karen, la prima immagine è sicuramente la mia preferita : classica ed elegante .
    Un abbraccio a presto, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting there! Slow and steady is the way to go. You're so lucky to have a handy husband. I wish didn't have to hire out for so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...